Wednesday 21 August 2013

RENT Quilt/Wall Hanging


I just finished this quilt yesterday and am very happy with it. So this quilt (wall hanging actually) will be raffled for the local theatre company where my thespian husband and very very talented step daughter are currently rehearsing for the next production which, yes, you guessed it, is RENT.  For those who are not familiar, RENT is a broadway musical which ran for ten years on broadway. I recommend you see it, there is a movie version, the music is fantastic.



What I love about making a new quilt and actually strive to do, is learn a new technique with every new project. With this quilt I free motion quilted which is not a new technique but I echo quilted it which I had not done before. Wow its time consuming but I think, very effective. My sister is here at the moment and she and I took it in turns to echo quilt. My step daughter was the IT genius for this project, she reproduced the buildings out of words on the computer so we could then print it onto fabric. So hopefully this will raise a lot of money for the theatre company. I am now working on a RENT messenger bag to raffle also using the leftover fabric. I will post a photo when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment