Wednesday 2 October 2013

Retractable Tape Measure House


Its been a productive week this week as I have completed a UFO and created this cute retractable tape measure house. So it is a stuffed house with a retractable tape measure inside with the button to retract it being in between the two windows inside the house, clever dont you think! I originally found this on Pinterest as a product to buy and thought "I can make that" so I did. I just love houses and Japanese fabric so teamed them together Yoko Saito style (I so admire her work) and came up with this! I needleturn appliquéd the windows and the door, a technique I really find relaxing.
The UFO I completed was the hexagon glasses case shown above. I have already posted a photo of another one which I lovingly made for my mum for her birthday and loved it myself, so made another. Like many of my projects, I went hell for leather (isn't that such a strange saying, wonder where that originated?)  and then got bored and started another project (is there anything more exciting than starting a new project?).
Well the week is still young so who knows what I might drag out and finish, there are many to choose from I can tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment