Sunday 9 June 2013

Yoko Saito Sewing Basket Case



I have spent the last couple of weeks working on my first Yoko Saito project. I first discovered Yoko Saito's work in the fantastic magazine Quiltmania. I have since bought five of her books and am in love with everything in them. I want to do so many things in there! 

For this, the Englsh Sewing Basket Case I learned three new techniques. As I am fairly new to quilting I am eager to learn, learn, learn! So I had never hand pieced a project the traditional way, I have done many english paper piecing projects but not traditional hand piecing. The next technique I learnt was hand quilting and I enjoyed doing that. Finally I tried my hand (pardon the pun) at needleturn applique and loved doing that! 

I think the satisfaction of doing this all by hand however time consuming is so worth it, I am so proud of the finished product. Cant wait to start my next Yoko Saito gem.


2 comments:

  1. I like this bag very much. It is so unusual and very handy to have. All you tools in one bag.
    Yes, well worth the hours spent. Well done.
    Jo Brünings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Johanna, i loved making it, thanks for the positive encouragement
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete